- Gorillas were once considered a mythical creature, like big foot
- Gorillas have stomachs that are larger than their chests to fit their enlarged intestines, which digest the bulky fibrous vegetation they consume. True for humans?
- A gorilla’s upper body strength is 6 times that of a human
- Gorillas’ nose have different shape and wrinkles and are used by researchers to distinguish individual animals in the field
- Adult male gorillas have large scent glands in their armpits that produce a pungent odor when excited or stressed. =D