- Chinese dragons are believed to have exactly 117 scales. 81 of the scales are positive or yang and 36 scales are negative or yin.
- Chinese dragons are made from the nine anatomical resemblances of other animals; the horns of a stag, head of a camel, eyes of a rabbit, neck of a snake, belly of a clam, scales of a carp, claws of an eagle soles of a tiger, ears of a cow and on top of his head he has a lump called a Chimu, which he cannot fly without.
- Different Chinese dragons include the Winged dragon, Horned dragon, Spiritual dragon, Celestial dragon, Hidden Treasures dragon, Yellow dragon, Coiling dragon (lives in the water), Earth dagon, and the Dragon King. The Dragon King technically is made up for four separate dragons that rule over individual seas of the North, East, South and West
- Dragon Years boast the highest childbirth rates by almost 30%
- The more toes a dragon has (up to five) the more “regal” it is
- Many of China’s emperors believed themselves to be descended from dragons
- Chinese have 4 mystical animals; dragon, Phoenix, tortoise and unicorn. The dragon is the only one in the zodiac