- Pepsi was created by a pharmacist and initally named “Brad’s drink”
- Pepsi was the first foreign product sold in the USSR (Russia). In exchange, vodka was sold in the West
- Pepsi had a difficult time in China because of the tranlations.
- In 1958, Pepsi’s slogan was “Be sociable” which translated as, “Be intimate.” Sales dropped.
- Pepsi then changed their slogan in 1961 to, “Now it’s Pepsi for those who think young” which was translated to, “New Pepsi is for people with the minds of children.” Sales dropped even more.
- “Come alive in with Pepsi!” became “Pepsi brings your ancestors back from the dead.” and the catch phrase “Come alive! You’re in the Pepsi generation,” was instead heard as “Resurrect! Your body will be made of Pepsi!”