- In the early days, temples were used as banks and the first loans were taken out against rice
- Just before the US started bombing Baghdad, nearly $1 billion dollars was stolen from the Central Bank of Iraq and is now the largest bank robbery in history
- The Bank of America on Disneyland’s Main Street was in fact a functioning bank (for Cast Members) until the late ’70′s. It was also the only bank in America that was open on Sunday.
- The Bank of America was originally called The Bank of Italy
- In 2010, the Bank of America was the 3rd largest company in the world
- In 2007, the top five hold $6,775,079,249,000.00 in assets. That’s six trillion dollars!
- In Papua New Guinea, people can enter a bank just wearing a penis sheath (koteka)